Black Sea Fleet

History

Warships

Photoalbum

Command

Russian version

About site

Feedback

 
Black Sea Fleet Warships Photos in Hi-Res
 
   
 
Black Sea Fleet : Information Resource
 
 
KCHF.RU - Information Resource
 
 
   
 
All Ships
Black Sea Fleet: All Ships

Cruisers

 

 
 
 
     
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
Missile Cruiser Grozny
 
 Missile Cruiser Grozny
Project 58 / Kynda class
 
  
 

The Project 58 Missile cruisers, known to NATO as the Kynda class were the first Soviet missile cruisers and a considerable advance for the Soviet Navy. The Kynda Class was designed within the framework of the anti-carrier naval construction doctrines of 1956-59. Initially laid down as destroyers, on 29 September 1962 they were redesignated as Missile Cruisers. Only slightly longer than the Krupnyy and Kildin destroyer, they had significantly more firepower.

The main purpose of the Project 58 was considered the destruction of light cruisers, destroyers and large transports of the enemy and conduct a successful battle with enemy ships, armed with short-range rocket weapons. Subsequently add the task defeat the enemy aircraft carrier formations.

The Kynda is a missile cruiser with the odd feature of having a large trainable four round launcher forward and aft. A large sensor mast is fitted in front of each funnel. The twin arm SAM launcher is mounted forward and the two gun turrets at the rear. A helicopter deck allows a Ka-25 helicopter to be carried. The main armament consist of two trainable four round launchers for the 4K44 surface to surface missile, with a total of 16 missiles carried. Additionally two twin 76mm AK-726 dual purpose turrets are fitted. Air defense is provided by a single twin round Volna launcher with 16 missiles (and two twin 30mm AK-230 after modernization). Anti-submarine weapons include two tripple 533mm torpedo launchers and two RBU-6000 ASW rocket launchers.

Missile cruiser Grozny laid down on 23 February 1960 at the Shipyard No.190 named after A.A. Zhdanova, Leningrad (yard No.780), launched on 26 March 1961, commissioned on 30 December 1962 and was assigned to the Northern Fleet.

05 October 1966 the ship transferred to Black Sea Fleet. The missile cruiser served in the 30th Surface Ship Division of the Black Sea Fleet.

06 January 1984 the ship transferred to Baltic Fleet.

24 June 1991 the missile cruiser Grozny was excluded from the lists of the Baltic Fleet and scrapped in 1993 at Liepaya.

Specifications
Displacement (tons):
Standard:

4350

Full load:5400
Dimensions (m):
Length:142,7
Beam:16
Draft:5,01
Speed (knots):34,5
Range:4500 nmi (14,3 knots), 3500 nmi (18 knots), 1500 nmi (34 knots)
Autonomy (days):10
Propulsion:2x45000 hp TV-12 GTZA, 2 fixed pitch propellers, 2x750 kW turbine-type generators, 2x500 kW diesel generators
Armament:2x4 SM-70 launchers P-35 anti-ship missile complex (16 4K44 missiles) - Binom fire control system
1x2 ZIF-102 M-1 Volna SAM system launcher (16 V-600 missiles (4K90)) - 4R90 Yatagan fire control system
2x2 76 mm AK-726 (1250 rounds) - 2 MR-105 Turel fire control systems
2x1 45 mm 21KM
2x3 533 mm TTA-53-57bis torpedo tubes (6 SET-53, 53-57 torpedoes) - Zummer fire control system
2x12 RBU-6000 Smerch-2 (96 RGB-60) - Burya fire control system
Helipad for Ka-25 helicopter
Electronics:2 MR-300 Angara air/surface search radars, Bizan-4D reconnaissance radar, MRP-11-12 reconnaissance radar, 2 MRP-13-14 reconnaissance radars, 2 MRP-15-16 Zaliv reconnaissance radars, 2 Krab-11 ESM radar systems, 2 Krab-12 ESM radar systems, Vzryv ESM radar system, Don navigation radar, 2 Nickel-KM and 2 Khrom-KM IFF, Vizir-1 , GS-572 Gerkules-2M sonar
Complement:304 (25 officers)
 
       
Top.Mail.Ru
© KCHF.RU, 2001-2021