Ognevoy-class destroyers were a series of destroyers built for the Soviet Navy
during and immediately after World War II. The Soviet designation was Project
30 and Project 30K.
The specification for these ships was issued by the
Naval staff in November 1937. The design work was done by Zhdanov Yard in Leningrad
under the leadership of A. Yunovidova and approved by the government in 1939.
24 ships were ordered in 1938-1940 but the programm was disrupted by the German
invasion in 1941. The ships being built in Nikolayev were demolished before launch
or evacuated incomplete while those built in other yards were suspended for the
duration of the conflict. Some of the intact ships were completed after the war
to a modified design - Project 30K.
Hull strength was significantly increased
and the hull was enlarged compared to the Project 7 ships. Longitudinal framing
was used and hull plating was thicker than the Project 7 ships. Hull height was
increased giving extra free board. The machinery consisted of two boiler rooms
and two engine rooms similar to the Project 7U destroyers but in less cramped
The armament was housed in two enclosed splinter-proof and weatherproof
turrets. This was a significant advance over the open mountings used in the Project
7 ships. The B-2LM turrets were introduced in the Tashkent class and proven successful
in service but had no anti-aircraft capability. Anti-aircraft armament comprised
two 85 mm guns in a twin mounting position and six 37 mm guns in single mountings.
The ships also carried two sets of quadruple torpedo tubes and 52 mines. The ships
were fitted with air warning, surface search and gunnery control radars and sonar
after the war.
Destroyer Ozornoy laid down on 20 November 1939 at the Shipyard
named after 61 Kommunara No.200, Nikolaev (yard No.1087), 25 September 1940 is
enlisted in the lists of the ships of the Soviet Fleet, and launched on 25 December
08 August 1941 the ship was towed from Nikolaev to Sevastopol, and
then to the Caucasus. 14 August 1941 the destroyer located in Poti was mothballed,
and from 12 January 1942 the construction was completely suspended. The completion
of the ship continued after the end of the war by corrected Project 30K.
on 09 January 1949 and 25 February 1949 was assigned to the Black Sea Fleet.
March 1950 the ship was transferred to Bulgarian Navy as Georgiy Dimitrov . From
30.09.1960 training ship, decomissioned in 1963.
| Displacement (tons):|
nmi (14 knots), 3500 mni (15,5 knots)|
hp, 2 fixed pitch propellers, 2x100 kW turbine-generators, 2x50 kW diesel-generators
130 mm B-2LM guns (600 rounds) - Redan fire-control system|
1x2 85 mm 92K guns
(600 rounds) - Vympel fire-control system
6x1 37 mm 70K guns - 6300 rounds
3x2 12,7 mm DSHK-2 (Vlastny, Vnushitelny, Vinoslivy - 3õ2 12,7 mm Colt-Brawnin
2x3 533 mm TTA-53-30K torpedo tubes - 6 torpedos
2 BMB-1 (22 charges)
2 bomb-release gears
52 KB- Krab mines or 60 M-26 mines
Guys air-search radar system, Rif surface radar system, Rym navigation system,
Fakel IFF, Tamir-5N sonar|