Yurka class were a group of minesweepers built for the Soviet Navy and export
customers between 1963 and 1970. The Soviet designation was Project 266 Aquamarine.
A new seagoing minesweeper design was requested in 1957 to follow the T43 class
minesweeper into the Soviet Navy. The design was approved in 1959 and entered
service in 1963. Major improvements in mine detection and anti mine explosion
protection were implemented. Magnetic, acoustic and electric signatures were reduced.
The hull was built of low magnetic steel, and was divided into nine water-tight
compartments. The artillery weapons of the ship consisted of two 30-mm AK-230
The Yurka class ships are equipped with two diesel engines of 500
hp and two controllable pitch propellers. The minesweeper's full speed was 16
knots and up to 14 knots with one sweep. From 1964 to 1970 there were built more
then 40 minesweepers.
Seagoing Minesweeper Afanasy Matyushenko laid down
at the Sredne-Nevsky Shipyard, Pontonny (yard No.902), commissioned in 1969 and
assigned to the Black Sea Fleet.
In the late 80s of the XX century the
ship was transferred to the Caspian Sea.
Afanasy Matyushenko was decommissioned
and excluded from the lists of the Caspian Flotilia on 19 March 1992 and scrapped.
| Displacement (tons):|
nmi (12 knots)|
|Propulsion:||2x2500 hp M-503B
diesels, 2 controllable pitch propellers, 2x200 kW diesel generators, 1x100 kW
diesel generator |
30 mm AK-230M - MR-104 Rys fire control system|
2x4 MTU-4 launchers 9K34 Strela-3
SAM system (16 9M36 missiles)
36 BGB depth charges
sweep (or MT-1D or PST-1 or PPT-1), TEM-2 magnetic sweep (from 1969 TEM-3), PAUT
sweep, AT-3 acoustic sweep, 2200 meters of ShZ-1M or ShZ-2 detonating cord
Don navigation radar, Nikhrom IFF, MG-69 Lan mine-search sonar, MG-25 underwater