Natya-class were a group of minesweepers built for the Soviet Navy and export
customers during the 1970s and 1980s (58 ships were built). The Soviet designation
was Project 266M Akvamarin. The ships were used for ocean minesweeping.
design evolved from the Yurka class minesweeper with new demining equipment including
more advanced sonar and closed circuit TV. A stern ramp made recovering sweeps
easier. The hull was built of low magnetic steel. To protect against acoustic
mines the foundations main engines and diesel generators were padded with rubber,
installation of mechanisms for isolating dampers; installation of flexible inserts
in pipes; application of low-noise propellers controlled step large-diameter,
as well as the installation of low-noise machinery and equipment. An electrical
field compensator was also installed.
Seagoing Minesweeper Torpedist laid
down at the Sredne-Nevsky Shipyard, Pontonny (yard No.909), commissioned in 1972
and assigned to the Black Sea Fleet.
From 1990 - OS-99 trial ship, all
armament were removed.
OS-99 was decommissioned and excluded from the lists
of the Black Sea Fleet on 01 September 1995 and scrapped.
| Displacement (tons):|
nmi (12 knots)|
|Propulsion:||2x2500 hp M-503B-3
diesels, 2 fixed pitch propellers in nozzles2x200 kW DGRA-200/1500 diesel generators,
1x100 kW DGRA-100/1500 diesel generator|
2x2 30 mm AK-230M - 2000 rounds - MR-104 Rys fire control system
mm 2M-3M - 2000 rounds
2x5 RBU-1200M Uragan (68 RGB-12)
32 BB-1 or 7 KMD-1000
KIU-1 sweep, BKT contact sweep, TEM-4 magnetic sweep, AT-3 acoustic
swwp, ShZ-1 or ShZ-2 detonating cord
MR-302 Rubka air/surface search radar, 2 Don-D navigation radars, Nikhrom-R
IFF, MG-69 Lan mine search sonar, MG-79 Mezen mine search sonar, MG-26 Khosta
underwater communication system