The rescue ships of this type is designed to perform salvage, lifting, towing,
off-ship firefighting, manned diving operations, and emergency repairs to stranded
or disabled vessels. The rescue ships of this project served on all fleets of
the USSR and later - the Russian Federation. In total, 9 rescuse ships of this
type were built for the Navy in Leningrad.
Seagoing Tug MB-26 laid down
27 November 1957 at the Shipyard No.445 named after 61 kommunara, Nikolaev (yard.
No.1601), launched 01 July 1958, commissioned 31 December 1959 and was assigned
to the Black Sea Fleet.
In 1966 renamed to SS-26 and reclassilield to the
rescue vessels class. From 01 August 1970 to 29 September 1972 the ship was modernized
by Project 527M at the Shipyard named after 61 kommunara, Nikolaev.
renamed to EPRON. Added Tiger ROV System and in 2015 was added Panthera Plus ROV
Now in service.
| Displacement (tons):|
|Full load:|| 3034|
|Speed (knots):|| 18,8|
|Range:|| 10500 nmi (11,3
knots), 3500 nmi (18,8 knots)|
2x3500 hp PG-215 electric motors, 2 fixed pitch propellers, 4x1375 kW 3D100M diesel
generators, 2x500 kW diesel generators, 1x100 kW diesel generator |
|Spec. equipment: |
complexes (4 pressure chambers) - 200 m, 1 diving chamber - 200 m, 1 SK-527 rescue
chamber - 200 m, 1 NK-300 observation chamber - 300 m, 7x220 m3/h fire monitors,
3060 m3/h water pumps
Don navigation radars, Pegas-2M sonar|